Here’s a riddle for you: What’s something that makes you feel protected, especially when you’re outside your home country, and supports you when you need medical assistance?
Here’s a hint: it goes up to $1 Million and extends support to your family and dependents.
You guessed it right; it’s TRAVEL MEDICAL INSURANCE!
But what’s the point? What if you don’t need medical assistance on a trip? Won’t that mean all the money you spent was a total waste?
Actually, NO. Travel medical insurance not only acts as a safety net against unforeseen medical expenses but also protects you against other travel-related emergencies like loss of passport/luggage, flight delay/cancellation, and more.
In addition, it also offers coverage in case you’re a sports enthusiast or are craving for an adventure like a high-risk activity. Moreover, most plans extend up to 2-3 years, so it’s not a waste.
In fact, it’s the first thing you should pack while traveling outside your home country.
Now comes the good part – there’s a travel medical insurance company that’s considered to be one of the best – IMG Patriot America Travel Medical Insurance. But is it really that good? Let’s find out.
IMG Patriot America Travel Medical Insurance: Background Check
With 25+ years of commendable track record, IMG is a full-service company that offers international medical insurance solutions to vacationers traveling to and from the USA.
Ranging from medical life dental to disability coverage, IMG offers a comprehensive range of insurance solutions.
Their Claim – One Call. One Company. Your Single Resource for All International Medical Insurance.
One of the most popular travel medical insurance series offered by IMG is their Patriot America series. Let’s see if this series lives up to the commitment of IMG.
Patriot Travel Medical Insurance Plans
Traveling abroad can be a real adventure. However, unpredictable accidents or illnesses can spoil all the fun. And when those medical bills start piling up, forget about the current holiday; you can get robbed of the entire year’s travel budget. This is where IMG’s Patriot America comes into play.
This travel medical insurance bundle safeguards you in the event of an illness or injury when traveling outside the country of residence.
The Patriot America Travel Medical Insurance Plan is Ideal For:
- International vacationers
- International business travelers
- Relatives or family visiting from overseas
- Students studying abroad
- People going on cruises, safaris, or guided tours
Review of Patriot Travel Medical Insurance
This plan is ideal for individuals, families, and groups striving for temporary medical insurance while traveling outside the home country for business or pleasure.
The best part about this travel medical insurance plan is that it’s available at both daily and monthly rates. So you don’t need to think twice about making a long-term investment.
Here’s What You Get:
- Maximum coverage of $50,000, $100,000, $500,000, and $1,000,000, depending upon how much you want to invest.
- Individual deductible options range from $0, $100, $250, $500, $1,000, to $2,500.
- The plan can be extended for up to 24 continuous months, so you can just activate it and forget about it, or not if that’s what you prefer.
- Offers emergency medical evacuation up to $1,000,000.
- 100% Coinsurance is paid by the company in case the treatment is received in the United States:-
- If the treatment is received outside the USA but within the PPO network – the company pays 100%.
- If the treatment is received in the USA but outside the PPO network – the company pays 80% of all the eligible expenses up to $5,000, then 100%, which is still reasonable compared to the rest of the insurance providers.
- Acute Onset of Pre-existing Conditions:
To be eligible for acute onset of pre-existing conditions, the insured must be under 70 years of age. Moreover,
- If you’re a citizen of the States and your:
- Age is equal to or less than 64 years, without a primary health plan – Maximum coverage is $20,000.
- Age is equal to or less than 64 years, with a primary health plan – Maximum coverage up to the period of coverage limit.
- Age 65-69 years – Maximum limit is $2,500.
- If you’re not a citizen of the States:
- Age 69 and under can receive maximum benefits of up to the period of coverage limit or $1,000,000, whichever is lower. And up to $25,000 in case of emergency medical evacuation.
Patriot America Plus
This plan is for all international travelers looking for temporary medical insurance, one that entails higher maximum limits and deductible options for a minimum of 5 days to a maximum of 2 years.
Here’s What You Get in the Patriot America Plus
- Covid-19 coverage for travelers to the USA
- Maximum coverage limit from $50,000 to $1,000,000.
- Deductible ranges from $0 to $2,500.
- Emergency medical evacuation up to $1,000,000.
- Coinsurance is the same as the Patriot America Travel Insurance Plan.
- Acute onset of pre-existing conditions for travelers under 70 years of age is up to the maximum limit and $25,000 maximum limit for medical evacuation.
Patriot Platinum Travel Medical Insurance
The benefits offered under the Patriot Platinum travel medical insurance plan are innumerable. In fact, it kind of feels like you’re traveling first-class. So if you’re looking for maximum coverage in a short-term travel medical insurance plan, you’ve hit the jackpot because it doesn’t get better than this.
Here’s What You Get in the Patriot Platinum Travel Medical Insurance
- Complete package of international benefits 24/7.
- Plans that fall under this umbrella are available for a minimum of 5 days and up to a maximum of 3 years.
- This plan also offers enhanced benefits like an exclusive range of deductibles, maximum limits, and access to the Global Concierge and Assistance Services.
Here’s a list of benefits offered under the Patriot Platinum travel medical insurance plan:
- Maximum limits ranging from $2,000,000 to $8,000,000.
- Deductible of $0 to $25,000.
- Emergency medical evacuation offered up to the maximum limit.
- Coinsurance for treatment received inside the USA and in-network, IMG pays 100%.
- Coinsurance for treatment received inside the USA but outside the PPO network, IMG pays 90%, up to $5,000, then 100%.
- Coinsurance for treatment received outside the USA – IMG pays 100%.
- Acute onset of pre-existing conditions for travelers under the age of 70 years, with varying limits by age up to $1,000,000. And up to $25,000 for medical evacuation.
The Common Denominators in Patriot Series Plans Include:
- Inpatient & outpatient services range from physician visits, urgent care clinics, emergency room visits to intensive care.
- Emergency services like local ambulance charges, natural disaster evacuation, return of mortal remains, and return of minor children.
- And other services like dental treatment, lost luggage, emergency eye exam, accidental death & dismemberment, pet return, identity theft, prescription medication, and more.
Note: Coverages and exclusions vary depending on the travel medical insurance plans.
Question of the Hour – Is IMG Patriot America Travel Medical Insurance Worth It?
Let’s answer your question with a few questions:
- Are you somebody who plans ahead?
- Do you wish to safeguard your family and yourself from unforeseen medical expenses?
- And most of all, are you all for affordable travel medical insurance plans?
If so, then YES, the Patriot America travel medical insurance series is worth every cent.